HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Jan 28, 2020 - 05:24 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2010 - 06:11 PM 
~ Biết Yêu ~
~ Biết Yêu ~

Quote:
So I'm on vacation this week in Daytona Beach. The weather was great for the first couple of days but turned pretty cold. Too cold to go to the beach. So yesterday my wife and her family wanted to go shopping so I decided to get some work done. So I walked down to the local Starbucks to drink some coffee and use their WiFi. All the seats next to outlets were taken so I sat in an empty seat and decided to wait for someone to leave. I had about 30 minutes of battery left.

Well, my battery died and there still wasn't any available seats. So I headed next door to Dunkin' Dounuts. I had my less-than-a-month-old iPhone 4 in my jacket pocket this whole time. When I arrived I went to pull out my phone and it was gone. It had to have fallen out. I ran back across the street and it wasn't there. I logged onto me.com and saw that my phone was about 2 miles away and stationary.

I sent several messages to the phone asking that it be returned to Starbucks. I called it several times from a landline but nobody answered.

I called the police and they arrived about 20 minutes later. It was now about 3 miles away but now it was moving fast. I used the officer's in car laptop to log on to me.com and allow him to track the phone. By this time my family arrived back with my car and we followed the office as he was tracking the phone.

We drove for about 5 miles and the office slowed down and my heart skipped. i knew we were close. He stopped and got out. Came back and said that he had some good news and bad news. The good news is that he knew where my phone was. The bad news is that it was in the middle of the water. He said the suspect must have gotten spooked and tossed it. It is about 30ft deep he said.

I didn't think to ask what might have spooked him. I filled out the police report and headed back to the resort. I called SquareTrade and there was nothing they could do unless I could recover the phone. AT&T was no help either. They best I could do was get an early upgrade for $399. Apple said they could sell me a refurb for $199 if I could recover the phone.

Bummed, I got on my laptop and checked my mail. It received an email from MobileMe that showed what messages where displayed on the phone. The officer sent a message while we were tracking the phone!

Code:
Police Department is on location tracking suspect

This is what spooked him. We were SO close.

Anyways, just wanted to vent some frustration. Thanks for reading!

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
--Steve Jobs

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2010 - 06:17 PM 
Rồi đây qua cơn mê...

what if he just turn off the phone :D :D :D

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2010 - 06:19 PM 
~ Biết Yêu ~
~ Biết Yêu ~

hahahah i think the thief is panic :sun: when you doing crime and seeing a police text pop up tracking the device, you have no idea that even the phone is off and they are still able to track or not LOL

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
--Steve Jobs

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2010 - 11:21 AM 
♬-Babib0ss-♬
♬-Babib0ss-♬

lảng xẹt ... :lol:

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2010 - 11:28 AM 
~ Đa Tình ~
~ Đa Tình ~

PurpleRain wrote:
called the cops for a phone ?? seriously ?? :y12:

I thought it was weird too :lol:

You say you love rain,