It is currently Sep 29, 2022 - 03:25 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Spread a word
PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 09:30 PM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

Hi TT.net members,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Won't take much of your time, just want to spread a word.

If you guys are interested in helping our people back in Vietnam, you absolutely should join this. Not only will it bring these unfortunate people a better life, but also you might feel great about yourself. I don't know how to describe this feeling, but it is worth to join.
If you guys are going to grad school, this should help a lot.

These are the websites, if you guys have question that you don't find an answer to on the web page, just reply and I 'll answer it all.

http://cpp2007.org
http://projectvietnam.net

CPP is a brand new organization, this is their first year, so show some supports guys.

Thank you for reading.
LK

By the way, spread a word. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:19 AM 
~Too Much Dzê~

THOSE MEDICAL MISSION TRIP ?? ...IS THERE A "LONG TERM" PROGRAM ..SUCH AS 1 YEAR KIND OF THINGS ..

ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO ..I CONTACT THE REDCROSS IN VIETNAM ..HOPING TO JOIN THEM ... BUT THEY DON'T HAVE SUCH "INTERNATIONAL" PROGRAM OFFER ... SO NO REPLIES ...

THIS PROGRAM SOUND APPEALING ... ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION ... I CHECKED OUT PEACECORPS AND REDCROSS THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER BASED IN VIETNAM .. OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE GONE A YEAR AGO ..

HOW ABOUT THIS PROGRAM ??

Last edited by SNOWFLAKE on Jan 26, 2007 - 02:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 11:35 AM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

if you are in medical field, project vn should be best for you. We need nurses / translators and lots more.
projectvn trip is around 2 to 3 weeks during school time (coming up trip is in march)
during summer, the trip might extend up to a month or so.

cpp is brand new, the trip itself is only a week. cpp needs all volunteers as well.

For the most part, it is going to be a great experience. I watched their video in VN, it did touch me for the most part.

Again, it doesn't have to be a year trip, because you are always welcomed to go with us again. =))

If you think you can "skip" school for a week in march, and use your one week spring break to join the projectvn, it will be worth for skipping. :)

http://www.tuoitho.net/diendan/viewtopi ... 532#864532

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 11:53 AM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

By the way, CPP speakper will be going down to UCLA and other colleges around, so open your eyes and ears to catch us.

I am going down to, come and hear me talk =))

I am serious Snow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:37 PM 
BANNED

are you going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:40 PM 
-:- -:- -:- -:-

Im curently helping kí group "Make a Diff." gòi

Vòng Tay Rộng Mở 2012

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:49 PM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

nhóc: uh anh đi
nguyenvq: Group đó help ai and help ra sao?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 09:03 AM 

ladieskiller wrote:
nhóc: uh anh đi
nguyenvq: Group đó help ai and help ra sao?

group na`y la` student assiociation thui,,, thi` cu~ng ba'n ddo^` ga^y wy~ giu'p ma^'y tre? em nghe`o be^n VN en ho.c thui

Vòng Tay Rộng Mở 2012

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 10:07 AM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

nguyenvq wrote:
group na`y la` student assiociation thui,,, thi` cu~ng ba'n ddo^` ga^y wy~ giu'p ma^'y tre? em nghe`o be^n VN en ho.c thui

Cái đó thì ở đâu cũng hông có Quang? :)
Mỗi ng` thiệt mỗi chí hén :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:55 PM 
~Too Much Dzê~

ladieskiller wrote:
By the way, CPP speakper will be going down to UCLA and other colleges around, so open your eyes and ears to catch us.

I am going down to, come and hear me talk =))

I am serious Snow. :D

I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR A "LONG TERM" KIND OF COMMITMENT ... THE REASON VIETNAM IS SUCH A SPECIAL INTEREST BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION ...AND IT EASES MY PARENTS TO KNOW THAT I'M IN A SAFE PLACE ... PLUS MY MOM WANT TO TAG ALONG ... =)) =))

SURE ... WHENEVER YOU COME DOWN ... GIVE ME A BUZZ ... LOVE TO GET MORE INFO ON THIS ....

I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THIS TOO MUCH ... REVEALING TOO MUCH OF MY PERSONAL INFO HERE ...

BUT HERE IS A GENERAL QUESTION .... YOU HAVE BEEN BACK ON ONE OF THOSE TRIPS RIGHT ?? ... PERHAPS YOU WON'T MIND SHARE THE FEELING/EXPERIENCES WITH THOSE OF US WHO HAVEN'T :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 03:43 PM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

SNOWFLAKE wrote:
I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR A "LONG TERM" KIND OF COMMITMENT ... THE REASON VIETNAM IS SUCH A SPECIAL INTEREST BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION ...AND IT EASES MY PARENTS TO KNOW THAT I'M IN A SAFE PLACE ... PLUS MY MOM WANT TO TAG ALONG ... =)) =))

SURE ... WHENEVER YOU COME DOWN ... GIVE ME A BUZZ ... LOVE TO GET MORE INFO ON THIS ....

I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THIS TOO MUCH ... REVEALING TOO MUCH OF MY PERSONAL INFO HERE ...

BUT HERE IS A GENERAL QUESTION .... YOU HAVE BEEN BACK ON ONE OF THOSE TRIPS RIGHT ?? ... PERHAPS YOU WON'T MIND SHARE THE FEELING/EXPERIENCES WITH THOSE OF US WHO HAVEN'T :) :)

Ok, so how do I contact you if I am down there?
Long term commitment thì có, more likely in medical field. If you want, I can ask around and let you know.

My feelings and experiences? Hehehe, LK là ng` tình cảm, sau màng nhung thì hay thích khóc lắm, thành ra khi đi làm xong lên máy bay khóc 1 trận qua lại Mỹ đi làm kiếm tiền cho next trip =))

Cảm giác thì hông biết giải thích sao, thấy rất là thiêng liêng khi as a translator only, not a doctor, mình có thể able to help em bé kia hết mù, giúp bà già kia 0 cần đi bán de chai nữa, giờ she chỉ cần ở nhà bán đồ lặt vặt and cháu trai đó có thể đuợc group tài trợ học tới lớp 12... Nghe đuợc tâm sự của những ng` VN ở Cà Mau, ở Huế, ở Bình Đinh.... đang cần thiết tha và mong mỏi sự hiểu thông, bao vệ che trở của những ng` VN tha phuơng như mình .... Yet, I feel so blessed after each trip that I've been on.

Nhưng đến khi LK mang tâm sự đó nói đến đồng bào ta ở Mỹ, họ chỉ trả lời rằng, "Sorry, everyone is different, we can't give up our future, family, relative, friend, wife - husband to go on this trip so often. I need to support myself and ones I know first."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 03:49 PM 

ladieskiller wrote:
"Sorry, everyone is different, we can't give up our future, family, relative, friend, wife - husband to go on this trip so often. I need to support myself and ones I know first."

this statement is true tho :D

yeah,,, nhìu ng` cant give up tiem để làm mấy việc này lém :)

Vòng Tay Rộng Mở 2012

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 03:51 PM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

Thì đúng, nhưng to some extend point, mỗi ng` mỗi chí muh. ;) I can't help it, just feel như mình chưa có try best to deliver their message vậy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 09:59 PM 
~Too Much Dzê~

ladieskiller wrote:
Ok, so how do I contact you if I am down there?

YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONTACT ME .. PERSONALLY ... WHENEVER YOU GUYS COME DOWN TO PRESENT THIS STUFFS .. YOU CAN HOLLA ... RIGHT HERE ON THIS TOPIC ..HOPEFULLY ÍLL SEE IT ... :lol: :lol:

Long term commitment thì có, more likely in medical field. If you want, I can ask around and let you know.
YOU WOULD ?? I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT VERY MUCH ... I TRIED IN THE PAST TWO YEARS .. NOTHING ..NOTHING .... AND I MEAN .. IT HAS TO BE INTERNATIONAL BASES, MEANING I AM UNDER "INTERNATIONAL" CATEROGY .. CITIZEN OF ANOTHER COUNTRY .. GO OVER THERE TO VOLUNTEER .. À ..SO MY RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED PROPERLY...

My feelings and experiences? Hehehe, LK là ng` tình cảm, sau màng nhung thì hay thích khóc lắm, thành ra khi đi làm xong lên máy bay khóc 1 trận qua lại Mỹ đi làm kiếm tiền cho next trip =))
SO BEHIND THE MASK ..THERE IS A MAN ?? =)) =))

Cảm giác thì hông biết giải thích sao, thấy rất là thiêng liêng khi as a translator only, not a doctor, mình có thể able to help em bé kia hết mù, giúp bà già kia 0 cần đi bán de chai nữa, giờ she chỉ cần ở nhà bán đồ lặt vặt and cháu trai đó có thể đuợc group tài trợ học tới lớp 12... Nghe đuợc tâm sự của những ng` VN ở Cà Mau, ở Huế, ở Bình Đinh.... đang cần thiết tha và mong mỏi sự hiểu thông, bao vệ che trở của những ng` VN tha phuơng như mình .... Yet, I feel so blessed after each trip that I've been on.

I WAS HOPING FOR BEING MORE THAN JUST A TRANSLATOR ... MY VIETNAMESE TERMINOLOGY ISN'T WELL EQUIPTED .... I MEAN ... WHAT IS THE VIETNAMESE TERM FOR "ENCEPHALITIS" =)) =))

Nhưng đến khi LK mang tâm sự đó nói đến đồng bào ta ở Mỹ, họ chỉ trả lời rằng, "Sorry, everyone is different, we can't give up our future, family, relative, friend, wife - husband to go on this trip so often. I need to support myself and ones I know first."
MUST HAVE UNDERSTANDING AND EMPATHY IF YOU ARE GETTING INTO THIS .... NOT EVERYONE HAS THE RESOURCES AND ENERGY AND PASSION .. AI CŨNG CÓ THIỆN Ý ..NHƯNG CHƯA CHẮC AI CŨNG CÓ SỨC À ..

THAT'S WHY ..DO WHATEVER ONE WANTS AND CAN ... WHILE ONE IS FREEEEEEEEEEE =)) =))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan 26, 2007 - 10:42 PM 
~ Tập Yêu ~
~ Tập Yêu ~

Vậy thì thôi, LK 0 có thể nào 1 lúc làm presentation and chạy vô computer lab just to drop you a message. My job is done as of now.

I am still working on your request, I will have your answer by Monday.

uh, thì mỗi ng` mỗi hoài bảo :)