HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 - 01:57 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2007 - 01:22 PM 
AMF Member
AMF Member

Thinking about how to supercharge your dating in 2008? We asked singles from around the country to tell us what they’re resolving to do to meet their match next year.

Laugh it up
I think a great resolution I made was triggered by a breakup. The guy I dated didn’t have a great sense of humor. so my dating resolution going forward is, “Only date guys who make me laugh.”
– Jessica Hayward, San Francisco

You’ve got to be in it to win it
I’m resolving to get over being afraid of rejection. Yeah, it hurts to be turned down. But after all this time, I think it’s worse to not even try. Besides, I’m moving to a new town, so maybe my luck will change.
– Marco Sullivanetti, Seattle

The too-picky problem
I resolve to stop being so judgmental. I have really high standards, and I don’t like to compromise. But I think I’ve been too quick to disqualify men who might actually be possibilities.
– Danitra Fearrington, Atlanta

Say yes!
My New Year’s Resolution? That my year is going to be the year of the “YES!” As in, I won’t turn down any dates, because you never can tell based only on first impressions. Unless they clearly have an obvious drug problem, piercings everywhere and seem completely brain dead at first glance.
– Lauren Bishop, Denver

Give it time
I’m going to make more time for dating. I’ve been focusing on my career for the last few years. Now it’s time for love!
– Karrie Eldred, Charleston, SC

Take it slow
I always fall too fast and end up getting obsessive and scaring off my dates. So this coming year, I’m going to try to hold in my feelings a little longer. My mantra: I’m worth the wait.
– Lani Lynnwood, Miami

Kick back a bit
My New Year’s resolution? Stop trying so hard. I’m a pleaser in the extreme. I just want ladies to be happy. I invest way too much effort. So now I’m going to try to relax. Not work so hard at making her happy and see if she can be happy with just me.
– Jude Michaelson, New York

Get in the game
I’m going to break down and join my church’s singles ministry. It’s always felt desperate to me—all those people saying, “Look at me! I’m available.” But two friends of mine have met great women this way, so I think it’s time to get over it.
– Thom Hiller, Omaha

So, you say you haven’t made a dating resolution? Why not? Setting goals gives us something to aspire to and can keep us focused on what we really want. Plus, there’s no punishment if you don’t keep it. So come on! You might just meet your goal—and the person of your dreams!