HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Aug 18, 2019 - 11:35 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2019 - 06:21 PM 
~ Tuổi Thơ ~
~ Tuổi Thơ ~

SEATTLE (AP) — For a welcome change http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-adeiny-hechavarria-jersey , the Los Angeles Dodgers made the job easy for manager Dave Roberts after a stretch of close games and debatable moves.Manny Machado hit two of Los Angeles’ five home runs, Walker Buehler allowed one run in six innings, and the Dodgers routed the Seattle Mariners 11-1 to open a key three-game series on Friday night.The Dodgers won consecutive games for just the third time since July 28, using the long ball to knock around Seattle starter Wade LeBlanc and for a night take the pressure off their shaky bullpen. It was the Los Angeles bats leading the way, hitting at least five homers in a game for the sixth time this season.“It was a nice change, but those guys, the offense, they were due to break out,” Roberts said.Machado’s first homer led off the fourth inning and was his third since being acquired in a trade with Baltimore. He added a two-run shot in the seventh inning to deep left-center field, where it caromed off the hand of a fan wearing an Orioles jersey with Machado’s name across the back.Machado has 28 homers overall this season and Roberts said his shortstop feels more comfortable now batting third in the Dodgers’ lineup with Justin Turner moving into the No. 2 spot.“I’m not going to say I wasn’t hitting because I was hitting second,” Machado said. “It just happened to be I finally locked myself in and went back to what got me here. It just happened I went back to (hitting) third as well.”Yasmani Grandal, Max Muncy and Matt Kemp also went deep as Los Angeles added to its National League-leading home run total. Kemp’s homer was his first since July 22. The Dodgers have 169 homers this season.LeBlanc (7-3) allowed seven runs, five earned, and lasted just 4 1/3 innings.“I made a few mistakes Sergio Romo Jersey , got away with a couple of them, and three of them I didn’t,” LeBlanc said. “That’s what happens when you run into a good lineup like they have. That’s what they do with mistakes. Especially with stuff like I have, if you’re going to make them against guys like that, they’re going to make you pay.”A long seventh inning at the plate for Los Angeles spelled an early end for Buehler, who was dominant through the first six. Buehler (6-4) allowed just Ryon Healy’s home run leading off the fourth inning. The young right-hander struck out eight and allowed just three hits.Seattle threatened only once when Buehler lost command of his fastball and loaded the bases with one out in the third inning. Buehler got Denard Span to hit a weak grounder and Mitch Haniger was forced out at home plate. Kyle Seager flew out to end the threat.Buehler and two relievers combined to retire 14 straight batters after Healy’s homer until pinch-hitter Gordon Beckham’s two-out single in the eighth.ROTATION CHANGESSeattle is making two changes to its rotation. The first was expected, with Felix Hernandez moving back into the rotation to start for injured lefty James Paxton on Monday when Houston visits to open a key three-game series.The other move was a bit of a surprise with Seattle pushing Marco Gonzales back a few days. Gonzales was slated to start Sunday’s series finale against the Dodgers, but will instead start the series finale against Houston next Wednesday. Seattle’s starter for Sunday has yet to be announced.Manager Scott Servais said with upcoming off days Seattle had a chance to push Gonzales back and essentially give him one start over the next few weeks. Gonzales has thrown a career-high 142 2/3 innings already this season.TRAINER’S ROOMDodgers: RHP Erik Goeddel was placed on the 10-day disabled list with elbow inflammation on Friday. It’s his second stint on the DL in just the past few weeks. Goeddel was activated off the disabled list last Monday after missing time with a lat injury. The Dodgers reinstated right-handed reliever Daniel Hudson from the 10-day DL to take his spot. Hudson had been out since Aug. 7 with forearm tightness.Mariners: SS Jean Segura was placed on the paternity list on Friday. Seattle selected IF Gordon Beckham from Triple-A Tacoma to take Segura’s roster spot.UP NEXTDodgers: Rich Hill (5-4) looks to remain perfect in his career against Seattle. Hill has appeared in 11 games with four starts against Seattle and is 4-0 with a 1.35 ERA. He hasn’t faced the Mariners since the 2016 season.Mariners: Erasmo Ramirez (0-2) tries to follow up on a strong outing last week in Houston. Ramirez threw five shutout innings allowing just four hits in a no-decision. MLB All-Star week is a lot of things. It's an annual celebration of the game's best players at the season's halfway point. It's a celebration of a sport during the dog days of summer. It's the excitement of the Home Run Derby. It's moments like Alex Rodriguez ceding shortstop to Cal Ripken Jr. during the latter's final Midsummer Classic. It's seeing Manny Machado bid a final farewell to Orioles fans down the highway from Camden Yards.But this year, for many of the game's best players, it's something different. The chance to swap usernames and challenge each other for supremacy in the vast, wide world of the Fortnite video game.Before the media session with the All-Stars on Tuesday, Houston Astros third baseman Alex Bregman challenged Yankees slugger Aaron Judge to a game of Fortnite at some point in the future. The challenge, of course, was accepted."It's crazy because we used to go out and chase after girls Matt Duffy Jersey , but now we'd rather play Fortnite," Bregman said. "We finally have our priorities straight."Alex Bregman and Aaron Judge during the 2017 ALCS.Jim McIsaac/Getty ImagesFortnite, an open-world, co-op survival game, akin to a cartoon version of the The Hunger Games, has become the dominant small-talk topic among baseball players, both in the majors and minors, this season.In a profession conducive to downtime鈥攐n the airplane, in the hotel room, before and after games, pregame before batting practice鈥攑layers around the country are sitting down in front of their TVs and plugging in. Whereas in previous seasons, games like FIFA, Madden, Call of Duty and The Show often permeated clubhouses http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-steven-souza-jersey , the focus has shifted completely to one video game in 2018.The Milwaukee Brewers, at the beginning of the season, hooked up a console to the Miller Park Jumbotron to truly get a large-screen experience."It's taken over. I used to dabble in a bunch of different games, but now it's the hot commodity," Judge said. "People are playing Fortnite in the clubhouse, playing it at home, texting and calling each other if we're going to get online tonight. It's pretty crazy how it's transformed the gaming world."The scene after games on the road looks similar across many teams. Players pack the console of their choice, pile into one hotel room and compete with each other and online in solo, duo or team mode. Some minor league players estimate that 90 percent of their teammates play the video game, while the other 10 percent get in on the fun by watching."I've gotten into it by watching my teammates play," said Reds top pitching prospect Hunter Greene. "I'm not a big video game guy, but I love watching it. I love seeing people get into it and then rage when they lose."The numbers appear to be a little different at the major league level."I don't play video games," said Astros second baseman Jose Altuve.But the impact is seen across the sport. Many players have adopted the game's signature dances as celebrations for accomplishments on the field. Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts broke out the "Take the L" dance on second base after hitting a double, while the Astros outfield has awesomely come together to pull out the "Jubilation" emote at the end of a win. Red Sox pitcher David Price came under fire when the Boston media questioned if the lefty's carpal tunnel syndrome arose from excessive Fortnite gaming.Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts doing Fortnites quot;Take the Lquot; dance on second base.Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty ImagesFor many of the younger players on the road in the minors Chris Archer Jersey , the game has served a different purpose: connector of friends on different teams and an activity to do on the road in small minor league towns across America. In the morning, Colorado Rockies top prospect Brendan Rodgers tends to gravitate toward solo mode, while he chooses to join more group games with teammates after games in the evening."It calms me down when I play a little bit," Rodgers said. "I always played Call of Duty, but when I tried Fortnite, I was really bad at first. You really don't know what you're doing."While Blue Jays prospect Bo Bichette certainly uses the game to connect with teammates, he also bought a PlayStation for his dad, former major leaguer Dante Bichette, in order to chat with him about non-baseball stuff during the season. Since Christmas, the elder Bichette has become addicted to the video game, requiring his wife to set boundaries and rules for when he can actually turn on the PlayStation."During the season, most of our conversations are about baseball and sometimes it's nice to get away from that," Bo said. "It was funny, because for about a month Kevin Kiermaier Jersey , he told us he was going to play by himself to get good and then said he'd call us when he was ready. About a month later, he did and then he saved us three times in Squad mode. I had no idea what was going on."Top Blue Jays prospect, and Fortnite lover, Bo Bichette.Jason Behnken/Associated Press/Associated PressThe wins in the video game often come less frequently than those on the field. When Rodgers is asked about the last time he won a match, his face lights up and he smiles wide, recalling a game when he was the last member standing of a four-man squad and single-handedly won, finishing the game with 15 kills."So, do you cherish the Fortnite wins more than the baseball wins?" I ask jokingly."Sometimes," Rodgers says with a laugh. It depends on the situation. We win way more baseball games than we win Fortnite games. Winning never gets old."