HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Aug 19, 2019 - 01:06 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2019 - 06:03 PM 
~ Tuổi Thơ ~
~ Tuổi Thơ ~

To say Ryan Braun's career has been defined by ups and downs is an understatement of http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-dennis-eckersley-jersey , well,Braunian proportions.In 2011, Braun hit his apex. He signed a five-year, $105 million extension with the Milwaukee Brewers鈥攖he only big league franchise he'd ever known鈥攊n April of that year.He promptly led the National League with a .994 OPS, swatted 33 home runs and won the NL MVP award.The following season, Braun again paced the Senior Circuit with a .987 OPS and 41 homers, and finished second in MVP balloting.In the process, he cemented his status as an undisputed superstar.In July 2013, the facade came crashing down. MLB slapped Braun with a season-ending suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.Rather than contesting the punishment and insisting upon his innocence like he did after the initial positive test in 2011, Braun issued a contrite statement dripping with guilt."As I have acknowledged in the past Santiago Casilla Jersey , I am not perfect," Braun said. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions."In 2014, Braun returned to the Brewers lineup and posted a then-career-low .777 OPS with 19 home runs in 135 games. The question of whether PEDs had amplified his stats was all but settled...and not in his favor.More essentially, his place in the baseball hierarchy was drastically redefined.In late August, a new book about the PED-connected clinic Biogenesis cast further aspersions on Braun.He went from MVP to pariah, from hero to villain. Forgiveness seemed like a distant, unlikely dream.Dylan Buell/Getty ImagesAs we enter the stretch run of the 2018 campaign, that dream is attainable.Since the All-Star break, Braun has raised his average more than 30 points (from .235 to .268) and his OPS nearly 80 points (from .711 to .789). In August, he slashed .299/.349/.494.Concurrently Clayton Richard Jersey , the Brewers have remained in the thick of the postseason chase. Milwaukee has a solid hold on the NL's top wild-card spot and a chance to catch the Chicago Cubs for the division crown.Braun is no longer the leading man. On Monday, Christian Yelich hit for the cycle for the second time this season. Lorenzo Cain has been a well-rounded addition to the lineup.Braun, meanwhile, has been reduced to a supporting player in his age-34 season.That said, the Brewers are on track to ascend the October stage for the first time since 2011 and possibly make noise in the wide-open NL. If Braun's bat heats up, he could club his way to redemption.Morry Gash/Associated PressBraun owns a .379 average and 1.060 OPS in 64 playoff plate appearances. Small-sample caveats apply, but he's proved his mettle under the brightest lights.Drilling deeper, his .271 batting average on balls in play for 2018 is 56 points behind his career mark of .327, per FanGraphs. His hard-contact rate, on the other hand http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-manuel-margot-jersey , is 40.8 percent, right next to a career average of 36.4 percent.There's rotten luck in the mix. Steroids and age-related regression aside, Braun's numbers should be more impressive.Milwaukee hasn't been to the World Series since 1982. It has never hoisted a Commissioner's Trophy. Braun could rewrite his legacy and etch his place in franchise lore."When you're on a small-market team, it's unlikely that you're going to be in this position every year," Braun told reporters. "When you do get opportunities, you have to embrace them and make the most of them because you don't get that opportunity every year."Matt Slocum/Associated PressHe's right. Opportunities don't come along every year. That's true for postseason sprints and swings at vindication.Braun will never erase his PED past. He'll always carry the stain.But he might engineer a final-act about-face. He can seize it by slugging Milwaukee past Game 162 and turning back the clock on his once-storied career.It would be intriguing. It would be noteworthy. And it would be a rewrite of Braunian proportions. All statistics current entering Tuesday and courtesy of Baseball Referenceand FanGraphs. Shohei Ohtani will try to maintain his torrid pace as of late when the Los Angeles Angels play the Chicago White Sox in the second installment of a three-game series Saturday evening at Guaranteed Rate Field.Ohtani, a two-way star who slammed his 19th homer in Friday’s 5-3 win, has hit three long balls since receiving word that he needs Tommy John surgery and is unlikely to pitch in 2019. He is riding a five-game hit streak The Japanese star plans to continue hitting while deciding his next move, and his elbow injury does not impact his swing.Article continues below ...“Nothing is set right now,” Ohtani told reporters on Friday through his interpreter. “I have a few options out there. I am trying to look into every single option. I will make a decision sometime toward the end of the season.“I feel like I’m progressing as a hitter right now Hunter Renfroe Jersey , so I’m trying to gain as many experiences as I can while the games count.”Los Angeles (69-72) still has a chance to finish above .500 for the first time in three seasons. The Angels have won six of their last 10 games and are 5-3 on their current road trip, which has included stops in Houston, Texas and Chicago.When the Angels hit two home runs or more in a game, as they did in the series opener, they boast an impressive record of 42-13.Chicago (56-85) is playing .500 baseball since the All-Star break and has high hopes for continued improvement next year. However, the team learned Friday that it likely will be without prized pitcher Michael Kopech for the rest of this season and all of next season because of a torn elbow ligament that requires Tommy John surgery.White Sox right-hander James Shields (6-15, 4.39 ERA) will start on Saturday and try to refocus his teammates after the tough news. Shields is coming off a strong outing in which he pitched six scoreless innings against the Boston Red Sox to earn a victory on Sunday.In 16 career starts against the Angels, Shields is 7-5 with a 3.48 ERA. He has 22 walks and 100 strikeouts in 108 2/3 innings. In his only start against the Angels this season, Shields gave up six runs, including three homers Freddy Galvis Jersey , in four innings and took a loss.Los Angeles will counter with right-hander Matt Shoemaker (1-0, 2.53 ERA), who will make his third start of the season. Shoemaker missed most of the season with a right forearm strain but tossed five scoreless innings his last time out Monday against the Texas Rangers.In five career starts against the White Sox, Shoemaker is 2-2 with a 4.18 ERA. He has been prone to big mistakes, allowing seven home runs in 32 1/3 innings.White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia enters the game hot after homering and reaching base four times in the series opener. However, Garcia is battling a balky knee and might not play in back-to-back contests.“We’re going to spell him, do everything we have to do to keep him off his legs as much as possible,” White Sox manager Rick Renteria said. “But he wants to play. We’re going to have to be very mindful of how he’s doing and give him an opportunity to kind of recover a little bit. I’ll talk to him tonight, talk to him (before Saturday’s game) to see how he’s feeling.”