HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Jun 06, 2020 - 11:40 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2019 - 10:48 PM 
~ Tuổi Thơ ~
~ Tuổi Thơ ~

Brandon Marshall Color Rush Jersey , powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. Seahawks fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.There isn’t much to report in terms of our own FanPulse. Seattle Seahawks fan confidence only moved a tick from 88% to 89% after Monday night’s win against the Minnesota Vikings, which you can see in this graph.Just for my own curiosity, I wanted to see how the confidence levels were affected for Seahawks opponents immediately after their team lost to Seattle. Vikings fans confidence dipped from 21% to 17% after Monday, but how do they fare compare to the other seven teams? Check out the table.FanPulse resultsWinTeamPre-Game ConfidencePost-Game ConfidenceChangeCurrent Confidence (Week 15)WinTeamPre-Game ConfidencePost-Game ConfidenceChangeCurrent Confidence (Week 15)Only the Arizona Cardinals fans actually had confidence in the direction of their team’s franchise go up immediately after the Seahawks beat them. Why such a sharp increase? Well they benched Sam Bradford, who was completely rotten for three weeks, and Josh Rosen showed promise in his first start, almost leading the Cardinals back from 17-10 down before losing 20-17 on a Sebastian Janikowski game-winner. That’s reason to not be so glum in the moment, I would say. Funnily enough though, this week the Cardinals are the only team with 0% fan confidence, so they’ve made FanPulse history by being the first to hit literal rock bottom.The Dallas Cowboys had one of the largest post-Seahawks game crashes, going all the way down to 6% after falling to 1-2 and watching Earl Thomas intercept Dak Prescott twice when Thomas could’ve been the one on the Cowboys. They’re sitting at 8-5, with confidence levels at 68% and on the verge of an NFC East title. How things can change.One game that humors me the most is Seahawks at Lions, as Detroit’s fans overwhelmingly believed they’d make the playoffs entering that game Cortez Kennedy Color Rush Jersey , and then plunged from 86% confidence to 36% after getting mostly dominated in their own building. They now sit at 40% on the year but also not in playoff contention.Also of note are the Carolina Panthers, who went from 6-2 down to 6-7, and are theoretically still alive in the wild card hunt... but they’ve got the New Orleans Saints twice in three weeks. Their confidence polling dropped from 22% to 15% after the dramatic Seahawks comeback win a couple of weeks ago, and now they’re way down at 2% after losing to the Cleveland Browns.We’ll keep this FanPulse table updated for the rest of the season, aka for as long as the Seahawks keep on winning. DK Metcalf will never see the field. Chris Carson is the only Hawk worthy of carrying the football. The defensive line is as bad as we feared. The secondary is…worse.Friendly reminder: Preseason..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesField Gulls homepageHorizontal - WhiteField Gullsa Seattle Seahawks communityFollow Field Gulls online:Follow Field Gulls on TwitterFollow Field Gulls on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchField Gulls main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsSeahawksOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections VideosCoffee and CigarettesGame AnalysisThe Numbers GameCigar ThoughtsWhat were you expecting? Preseason edition: Game 2, Minnesota VikingsNew,19commentsPDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:What were you expecting? Preseason edition: Game 2, Minnesota VikingsTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Hannah Foslien/Getty ImagesDK Metcalf will never see the field. Chris Carson is the only Hawk worthy of carrying the football. The defensive line is as bad as we feared. The secondary is…worse.Preseason games have a unique ability to reflect the zeitgeist of our age. We’re all looking at the same twenty-two athletes on a field at a time, coming away with our own different truth as to what the heck just happened. Come regular season, this column might actually contain enough trustworthy information to make informed opinions about this year’s team, but for now, it’s all fun and guesswork until somebody gets hurt.And for the love of all that is good in the world, don’t let that be [Russell Wilson/Tyler Lockett/Bobby Wagner/insert-favorite-starter-who-doesn’t-need-anymore-playing-time-until-September]So without further ado, let’s hash out the things you might have expected this week.Unmet ExpectationsRashaad Penny. It’s not that he played bad (he did) because the offensive line he ran behind gave him no help (it didn’t). It’s that this 2019 version of Rashaad Penny makes no sense.This far into August, it pains me to be writing anything like this about Penny. As you may remember Shaun Alexander Color Rush Jersey , I do might not think he’s a bad back. But his supposed offseason revitalization is the part that really kills optimism towards Rashaad right now. Here’s this from the Seattle Times earlier this summer:I’ve got to be honest guys, if all that above is true…than we really overestimated Marshall Faulk.Penny spent two days a week working with a hall of fame back, so why does he still look confused?Penny finished Sunday with six yards that totaled two yards in Minnesota’s direction. Fine. Who cares. Anything is justifiable right now with what’s his name and that other guy playing left and right tackle, respectively.But Penny’s still not making guys miss, and those guys in his face aren’t exactly pro bowlers through the first two games. He’s averaged under two yards per carry unless he’s been thrown the ball. Which is something they are apparently going to do more, but I don’t really understand how he’s going to earn enough trust to take any more carries from Carson than he saw last year. Given Carson’s play so far, he could get less. Also underperforming right now is the newly hired conditioning staff and their ability to assist rookies. We’ve gone from a worrisome May/June with 5+ rookies sitting out, to an impressive July/early August with nearly all of them returning and performing to a confusingly distasteful mid-August, now that we’re down LJ Collier, Marquise Blair, DK Metcalf, Phil Haynes, and DeMarcus Christmas. As We ExpectedChris Carson / Russell Wilson / Tyler Lockett. Specifically, Carson’s really like the opposite of Penny. Russ takes everything way too seriously. Tyler is still stupid good going to his left. But in regards to their 2019 NFL performances thus far, these guys are clearly focused Jarran Reed Color Rush Jersey , in shape, and confident in who they are as an offense.So awhile back, the kind folks over at ESPN did a thing, and we did a thing in return. Specifically, I said any ranking that includes any of these three guys deserves to be in the top half of the league. Carson, Lockett and Wilson demonstrated in eight minutes why they’ll probably score 90% of the teams points this year.Here is a very bad way of interpreting Carson’s play:Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with statistics. Yards per carry in the preseason are the NFL’s equivalent of points given out in Whose Line Is It Anyway?Here’s a slightly better way of interpreting Carson’s play:Here’s the best possible way of interpreting Carson’s play:Exceeded ExpectationsAustin Calitro…and that’s not good. Calitro led all players Sunday night with nine tackles, seven of them solo. Watching the game, he was involved on seemingly every play, and he’s been making some really textbook tackles. It’s not necessarily bad news for Calitro, but it’s a problem for the team for two reasons. On the one hand, he’s getting some of the extra tackles because the D-Line is getting beat. On the other hand, if there’s one thing the Seahawks do not currently need, it’s linebackers. I will maintain that they have the best trio in the league until somebody convinces me otherwise. They’re going to keep Cody Barton; they should keep Ben Burr-Kirven. All that’s happening in these preseason games is a guy that they really don’t need to keep is playing entire games and making a case that he should be kept. I don’t want to see Calitro at the expense of an unproven rookie at a more needy position group, but this is becoming more of a conversation. At least Nick Vannett Color Rush Jersey , internally. Ugo Amadi. Thank the blessed Lord that Amadi is kind enough to let himself be known as Ugo, because Googling and subsequently typing Ugochukwu Amadi over and over was going to make for a long season. But dang, I hope you saw that hit Sunday night.100% this is how the preseason is actually useful. I can prove it in three reasons. 1) Veterans don’t do this move in the preseason. Sometimes, they don’t even do it in the regular season. But if you’re not rolling out rookies with something to prove and an ability to demonstrate football-related athletic maneuvering (special teams) this becomes the most pitiful thing to watch week in and week out. 2) Because it’s still football, and we all do enjoy watching really good hits. We just don’t want it to be anywhere within 40 yards of our quarterback, and we don’t want it to cause an ACL tear. But 20-year olds trying really really hard: Awesome.3) Even pro athletes have memories. Maybe, just maybe, when next the Seahawks play the Vikings, and this Bisi Johnson (who may or may not make the team) is returning punts, he’ll look across the long stretch of turf, see Ugo Amadi (who may or may not make the team/be on coverage), and Johnson will tread lightly. Or drop the ball.Not ExpectedWill Dissly is playing. JD McKissic is not. Jacob Hollister has more or less disappeared. J.T. Barrett posted a 0.0 QB rating. Jazz Ferguson saw seven targets, most in the game.