HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Apr 07, 2020 - 12:41 PM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2019 - 09:42 PM 
~ Tuổi Thơ ~
~ Tuổi Thơ ~

Dion Phaneuf is on the move again as the Los Angeles Kings hope he bolsters their blue line for a playoff run.Los Angeles acquired the veteran defenseman and forward Nate Thompson from the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night for forwards Marian Gaborik and Nick Shore. The Senators are retaining 25 percent of Phaneuf’s $7 million salary-cap hit Frans Nielsen Jersey Kids , so the Kings get a top-four defenseman for $5.25 million over the next three-plus years.”Dion brings to our club a great deal of experience and leadership,” Kings general manager Rob Blake said. ”He also plays with a physical edge, which complements our lineup well.”The 32-year-old Phaneuf was pulled from Ottawa’s bench during a 6-3 loss at the Pittsburgh Penguins with the trade being finalized afterward. The Kings visit the Penguins on Thursday, so he doesn’t even have to leave Pittsburgh to meet up with his new team.”I’m excited to be going to the Los Angeles Kings,” Phaneuf said. ”It’s going to be a real good experience for me to be able to join that team. … I’m excited about the team that they have, where they’re at in the standings and I’m going to go there and do my best to do whatever I can to help their team.”Phaneuf has 16 points in 52 games this season and 478 in 954 games during his 13-year NHL career with the Calgary Flames, Toronto Maple Leafs and Senators. He was traded again almost exactly two years after the Senators got him from the Maple Leafs.The timing of the trade was a bit unusual, though the fact he was dealt came as no surprise. After reaching double overtime in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final last spring, the Senators are 19-27-9 and just three points out of last place in the Atlantic Division.”Everybody knows that things are going to happen,” Ottawa captain Erik Karlsson said. ”You just never know when it’s going to happen or if it’s going to happen. So, we wish him all the best … going to L.A. I know personally he’s going to do real well there.”Phaneuf joins a Kings team that’s just outside playoff position in the Western Conference and goes from playing with Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in Karlsson to another in Drew Doughty. He should be an offensive upgrade on the power play Gordie Howe Jersey , where Los Angeles is ranked 19th in the league.The always budget-conscious Senators save money even as they take on the 35-year-old Gaborik’s contract, which has about $11 million left on it over the next three years. Gaborik is a buyout candidate after this season, a move that would be an additional help to Ottawa’s bottom line.”Marian has enjoyed a tremendous career to date and has played an integral role with our team over the years, including a Stanley Cup championship,” Blake said.Phaneuf signed this $49 million, seven-year contract when he was with Toronto on New Year’s Eve 2013. He elected not to waive his no-movement clause last summer to be left unprotected in the Vegas Golden Knights expansion draft, a decision that cost the Senators defenseman Marc Methot.Now Phaneuf is gone, too.”The business is the business,” he said. ”For me, it’s a business decision that the Ottawa Senators wanted to move me, and I respect that.”—AP freelance writer Dan Scifo in Pittsburgh contributed to this report.— DALLAS (AP) — Jamie Benn wasn’t impressed with his 600th career point Authentic Gustav Nyquist Jersey , or his 601st.Those two power-play goals, and three others by his linemates, were more than enough for the Dallas Stars to beat the Winnipeg Jets 5-1 on Saturday night.When asked whether he’d thought about 600, Benn answered simply, “No.”Tyler Seguin — who had two goals, one on the power play, and two assists — had more to say.“It’s great,” he said. “He’s a heck of hockey player. He deserves accolades like that.”Jim Montgomery has won his first two games as a head coach with captain Benn’s help.“That’s about 594 more than I ever had,” Montgomery said. “It just speaks volumes about what he’s done here in his career.”Benn entered the game with 598 points, and assisted on Seguin’s first goal for No. 599.Winnipeg had beaten Dallas eight straight times dating to Oct. 27, 2016.Dallas dominated the first period with a 16-9 advantage in shots and two goals less than three minutes apart by Alexander Radulov and Seguin Womens Henrik Zetterberg Jersey , the latter on the power play with Benn assisting.Benn scored power-play goals in the second and third periods, and Seguin scored in the third.“We didn’t give ourselves a chance to get going,” Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “In the penalty box too much early and not very effective on the kill here at all tonight.”The Stars’ top line accounted for all five goals and five assists. Radulov also had two assists.“You’ve got Seguin with the unbelievable shot,” Jets center Adam Lowry said. “Benn’s kind of the prototypical power forward. He’s got speed, but he’s got skill and he plays a heavy game. Radulov, you see the hand skill, the body.”Ben Bishop finished with 32 saves for Dallas, 15 in the third period. Connor Hellebuyck had 30 for Winnipeg.“When we have our healthy (Bishop) back there, we’re a dangerous team,” Stars defenseman Marc Methot said.Radulov scored for the second time in the first two games on a wrist shot from a sharp angle below the right faceoff circle. The puck hit defenseman Tyler Myers’ left leg and went in off Hellebuyck’s right skate at 8:23. Seguin lifted a wrist shot from the right circle off Hellebuyck and into the net at 11:18.In the second period, the Jets’ Kyle Connor scored his second goal of the season and the first against Bishop after 82 minutes http://www.redwingsshoponline.com/authentic-jimmy-howard-jersey , 10 seconds.The first period ended with 14 minutes of penalties in the final second. At 19:59, the Methot went off for holding and Winnipeg’s Dustin Byfuglien retaliated with a cross checking penalty. On the ensuing faceoff, Brett Ritchie of Dallas and Lowry dropped their gloves and drew fighting majors at 20:00.NOTES: The Dallas record for power-play goals in a game is four, achieved 10 times. Defenseman Philippe Boucher in 2006 was the only Star with three power-play goals in a game. … Dallas was 3 for 5 on the power play, Winnipeg 0 for 3. … Hellebuyck’s personal regular-season winning streak ended at 10, including his last nine games last season. … Connor Carrick’s assist on Radulov’s goal was his third in the first two games. Carrick’s highest total in his four previous seasons was eight assists for Toronto in 2017-18. His had three assists in a three-game span as a rookie in February 2014.UP NEXTJets: Play their home opener against Los Angeles on Tuesday night.Stars: Continue a four-game opening homestand with the third game on Tuesday night vs. Toronto.