HomeForums Profile Private MessageLoginRegister

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sep 21, 2019 - 02:58 AM

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2019 - 06:28 PM 
~ Bé Thơ ~
~ Bé Thơ ~

Trent Williams and Paul Richardson are pretty sure.Jay Gruden and Jordan Reed understand there's no way to know.After the Washington Redskins' starting offense didn't take one snap together as a complete group during the preseason http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/deshazor-everett-jersey-cheap , there's reason for both apprehension and optimism going into their season opener Sept. 9 at the Arizona Cardinals.On one hand, there's zero evidence new quarterback Alex Smith and his full complement of options will gel in time, and yet there's the thought of limitless potential when tight end Jordan Reed, third down back Chris Thompson and receiver Jamison Crowder are bImageack in the mix."We never know," Reed said. "You never know how it's going to go. All you can do is control right now, and right now we're putting in the work to be successful come Week 1."Because the exhibition finale Thursday at Baltimore will almost certainly feature a matchup of the backups, the preseason wraps up with Smith and the first team putting up 151 yards and two field goals on 36 plays over five series.Thompson and Reed never took a snap as they work back from offseason operations, Crowder was bothered by a groin injury and Williams saw only limited action coming off knee surgery.Gruden conceded there's a bit of concern not knowing how those players will handle being reintroduced to full-speed games."Just seeing what kind of shape they're in," Gruden said. "Some of the guys like Jordan and Jamison, they missed quite a bit of time. Chris has been getting a lot of work running and all that and I don't feel too worried about him. You're talking about your key weapons not getting a lot of playing time and that's a little bit concerning, but since it is Jordan and Jamison, both are very quarterback friendly and I think Alex will adapt fine."Williams said "of course, no doubt," when asked about the offense being able to click once everyone is on the field. Richardson, signed in the spring to give the passing game the kind of speed it has lacked since DeSean Jackson left, is downright itching to see what the offense can do when finally together."That's why I don't have no doubt in our offense at all: We've been able to execute at a high level," Richardson said http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/shawn-lauvao-jersey-cheap , citing the second preseason game against the Jets."We're able to operate with guys that aren't the starters. That just makes us more confident for when we get our first string in there that we're going to be able to move the ball even more. We're going to be able to execute more, and we're going to score more."Washington ranked 16th in the NFL in offense and scoring offense last year — but that was under Kirk Cousins, without veteran running back Adrian Peterson and amid injuries that derailed the season.Smith was up and down in the preseason and is cautiously hopeful about the offense's upside while acknowledging the Redskins will have to try to put up points no matter who's on the field."Any offense is going to be better with all the weapons out there, of course," Smith said. "Hopefully we'll have them all out and ready to roll. I'm hopeful for that. At the same time, whether that's the case or not, we're going to kick off and we're going to play."The game snaps haven't been there for the first-team offense, but Richardson and Reed find confidence in the practice time that will continue to accumulate before the regular season starts.Gruden will have to wait and see how players handle getting hit by Arizona defenders, though learning the playbook and work in practice should ease fears about developing chemistry."That's what practice is for: for us to get reps together and take advantage of the reps," Reed said. "And that's what we've been doing for the most part. We can see how things are gelling in practice and manifest it on Sundays."Until that happens, there will be doubt. Williams pointed out early in training camp that everyone is optimistic around the NFL when each team is 0-0, so it's no surprise some of that is flowing for a new-look Redskins offense that has much to improve on."I think we're going in the right direction," Richardson said. "Guys are just not where we need to be yet. That's why we continue to drill in practice, we continue to work in practice, so we'll be prepared when the lights come on for Arizona."Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at ://SWhyno .The 5 O’Clock Club: Pick-6 prediction contest The 5 o’clock club aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn’t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.What better way to celebrate the return of the 5 o’clock club than a prediction contest?We all know that the Redskins have a Week 4 bye in 2018, meaning that — after just three games — we’ll have a weekend as September becomes October, with no Redskin football.Always one to be thinking ahead http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/matthew-ioannidis-jersey-cheap , I thought I’d set up a prediction contest now that will allow us to celebrate a winner in the bye week, despite not having a football game for our team to play in.The Pick-6 Prediction ContestIt’s a pretty simple contest.I’ll name 6 NFL teams, and you have to predict the record now that each of those teams will have after Week 3.There are, of course, only four possibilities: 0-3, 1-2, 2-1, 3-0.I’ll give you the schedule for the first three weeks; after considering all the variables, all you have to do is list the records you project for these six teams:EaglesCowboysGiantsBrownsVikingsPatriotsWhoever gets the most number correct (out of a possible 6) will be declared the winner.As a tie-breaker, each entry should predict the Redskins point differential (including + or -) over the first three weeks.I will give you my predictions for each of the six teams below.Let’s see if you can project the September win-loss record for these six squads with greater accuracy than I can.EaglesThe defending superbowl champs have questions at quarterback, at least to start the season.At left tackle, they have Peters returning from injury or Vaitai returning from a night in h311 against Myles Garrett.Still, the team won the superbowl just about 8 months ago, and most of that roster is still in place.Wk 1 - Falcons - Bill’s prediction = home lossWk 2 - @Bucaneers - Bill’s prediction = road winWk 3 - Colts - Bill’s prediction = home winBill’s projection: 2-1CowboysThis is a remade offense, with no Dez and no Witten.Zeke’s suspension issue from 2017 is behind him, and Dak Prescott is in his 3rd season.The offensive line is likely to be underpowered in the first three weeks as Travis Frederick deals with an auto-immune issue that will take some time to overcome.Wk 1 - @Panthers - Bill’s prediction = road lossWk 2 - Giants - Bill’s prediction = home winWk 3 - @Seahawks - Bill’s prediction = road winBill’s projection: 2-1GiantsThe Giants have been renovating under Dave Gettleman. They’ve invested heavily in one side of the offensive line, but the other side is still a work in progress.They add Saquon Barkley http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/dustin-hopkins-jersey-cheap , but that draft pick left them ‘all in’ on Eli Manning.The Giants last division title was the superbowl year of 2011; since then, they’ve won 42 regular season games, averaging exactly 7 wins per season.They started 0-4 last year before all the wide receiver injuries hit.Wk 1 - Jaguars - Bill’s prediction = home lossWk 2 - @Cowboys - Bill’s prediction = road lossWk 3 - @Texans - Bill’s prediction = road lossBill’s projection: 0-3BrownsIf you’ve watched Hard Knocks, you know more about the Browns than I can communicate in this short blurb.Normally, knowing that a team went 1-31 in the previous two seasons would tell you everything you need to know.The Browns, though, are absolutely loaded with young talent.I’ve heard at least two members of the Cowboy’s ‘dynasty’ teams compare the feeling in Browns camp to the Cowboys of the early 90s, coming off of the 1-15 season in 1989.Wk 1 - Steelers - Bill’s prediction = home winWk 2 - @Saints - Bill’s prediction = road lossWk 3 - Jets - Bill’s prediction = home winBill’s projection: 2-1VikingsGone are Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater; the new guy is someone we are all familiar with.The Vikings play stifling defense, but — after surviving the New Orleans game due to a boneheaded mistake by the Saints safety — the Vikings got blown out in the NFC championship game.Teams tend to do one of two things the year after a playoff result like that: come back and win a superbowl or collapse in a heap.Wk 1 - 49ers - Bill’s prediction = home lossWk 2 - @Packers - Bill’s prediction = road lossWk 3 - Bills - Bill’s prediction = home winBill’s projection: 1-2PatriotsThere have been rumblings about the end of the dynasty.Of course, there are always rumblings about the end of the dynasty.Tom Brady is 41 years old.No player in the history of the NFL who started more than one game at that age has a winning record in those games.Can Brady beat history as well as Father Time?Wk 1 - Texans - Bill’s prediction = home lossWk 2 - @Jaguars - Bill’s prediction = road lossWk 3 - @Lions - Bill’s prediction = road winBill’s projection: 1-2Summarizing Bill’s projectionEagles 2-1Cowboys 2-1Giants 0-3Browns 2-1Vikings 1-2Patriots 1-2Bill’s tiebreaker: Redskins scoring differential: +12To enter the contest, simply copy & paste this entry into the comments, and then fill in your predicted records for the 6 teams, and add your projected Redskins point differential as the tiebreaker:Eagles Cowboys Giants Browns Vikings Patriots Redskins’ 3-game point differential (+/-):All entries must be submitted prior to 8pm ET on 6 September 2018.If you submit more than one entry, only the last entry will be counted.To amend an entry, just reply to yourself in the comments section with an updated prediction.The winner will be announced and widely celebrated in the 5 o’clock club during the Week 4 bye week. Custom New Orleans Saints Jerseys